PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR | TORONTO, ON
Canadian Dental Services (CDS) is a national dental services organization that acquires, supports, improves, consolidates, and partners with industry leading dentists across Canada through carefully engineered management support systems and programs to improve practice performance and provide best in class, high quality patient care.
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
We are seeking a Payroll Administrator to handle all facets of payroll.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process the bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees in multiple provinces, ensuring accuracy, and in accordance with company policies and employment legislation.
- Add, review, calculate and process all payroll additions, adjustments and compensation changes.
- Calculate payroll for any overtime, termination/severance pay, retiring allowance and retro pay adjustments that may apply.
- Maintain and update staff payroll record, ensure benefit deduction and contributions are kept current in payroll file
- Provide payroll funding requirement to the CFO.
- Prepare, calculate and upload Record of Employment documents to Service Canada in accordance with Federal legislation.
- Reconcile, prepare and remit all payroll taxes, WSIB, garnishments, Employers Health Tax, donations, and employee RRSP remittances.
- Prepare, calculate and reconcile all year-end payroll adjustments, including taxable benefits and pension adjustments.
- Responsible for the preparation, reconciliation and remittance of the T4 and T4A preparation and summaries; and the EHT Annual Return.
- Prepare and ensure the accurate posting of all benefits and payroll journal entries..
- Assist with year-end financial audits as required.
- Maintain personal leave and vacation tracking system, in accordance with Provincial Legislation and internal policies.
- Conduct staff orientation for payroll and time and attendance system.
- Assist with payroll transition post acquisition
- Liaise with clinics managers and regional ops team to ensure timely submission of employees’ time and attendance records.
- Answer payroll inquiries
- Complete payroll survey and prepare relevant government reports as required.
- Ad hoc payroll analysis as required
- Other related duties within the HR and Finance department as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in a related field and a Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Pay Works experience an asset
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience administering full cycle payroll for a medium sized, multi legislation and cost structure.
- Experience with reconciliation of and remittance of all payroll taxes, WSIB, garnishments, Employers Health Tax, and the related reconciliations.
- Experience with issuing ROEs and T4s as required.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of employment and income tax legislation, regulations and guidelines and accounting principles and practices.
- Strong technology skills including MS-Excel, financial and HRIS systems.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information;
- Demonstrate a strong service orientation and be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to establish rapport quickly and gain the respect and trust of others.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Be required to possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong attention to detail.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Check
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: “Payroll Administration – Last Name, First Name”.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please inform us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.