PARALEGAL/CORPORATE CLERK – M&A AND CORPORATE | TORONTO, ON
Canadian Dental Services (CDS) is a national dental services organization that acquires, supports, improves, consolidates, and partners with industry leading dentists across Canada through carefully engineered management support systems and programs to improve practice performance and provide best in class, high quality patient care. Our goal is to enable dentists to spend their valuable time being dentists.
Our carefully selected dental offices are leaders in clinical excellence, and in providing patients with the best treatment plan options, along with the people, technology and facilities to support them.
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
This position is responsible for supporting both in house legal efforts, as well as supporting and working with several teams of outside counsel on clinic acquisitions across Canada, as well as general corporate matters throughout the organization, including corporate entity management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes and maintains master calendar of key dates relating to M&A transactions.
- Negotiates NDAs for all potential acquisitions, including coordination of outside counsel as appropriate.
- Interfaces with internal management and external parties to coordinate signatures, deliverables, etc. for M&A transaction signings and closings.
- Maintains records of all historical deals.
- Assists in due diligence, tracking of diligence activities and findings, and drafting of basic corporate documents required for M&A transactions.
- Assists with the development and ongoing preparation of documentation throughout various groups across the organization.
- Supports the company’s efforts to maintain consistent document templates for day-to-day operational and contractual matters.
- Corporate entity management and upkeep.
- Maintain and manage a central contract storage system to track lease agreements, transaction documents, etc.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience in a Paralegal role, with transactional (M&A) experience preferred.
- Knowledge of M&A, regulatory and corporate governance practices and legal concepts in Canada through working experience.
- A detailed understanding of complex matrix organizational design, personnel, policies and procedures and reporting requirements.
- M&A and corporate governance experience in Canada.
- Experience assisting with M&A transactions, either at a law firm or in-house, preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some evenings and/or weekend hours may be necessary depending on business deadlines and deliverables. No travel is expected for this position.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Check
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: “Paralegal/Corporate Clerk – Last Name, First Name”
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please inform us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.