JR. ACCOUNTANT | TORONTO, ON
Canadian Dental Services (CDS) is a national dental services organization that acquires, supports, improves, consolidates, and partners with industry leading dentists across Canada through carefully engineered management support systems and programs to improve practice performance and provide best in class, high quality patient care. Our goal is to enable dentists to spend their valuable time being dentists.
Our carefully selected dental offices are leaders in clinical excellence, and in providing patients with the best treatment plan options, along with the people, technology and facilities to support them.
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
This is an evolving role for someone who has at least 3 years of full cycle accounting experience and would like to grow their career with a rapidly growing organization. You will work closely with an experienced management team and peer group and have responsibility for processing payroll, accounts payable and other general accounting duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform day to day management of all payment cycle activities
- Monitor, process, and reconcile payments and expenditures including purchase orders, invoices, statements, cheques, refund requisitions etc.
- Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files
- Act as main contact for both internal and external accounts payable issues
- Client and Insurance payment refund processing
- Assist with payroll processing, year -end reconciliations and payroll remittances
- Process and verify employee expense reports accurately
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies and issues
- Reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations
- Ensure accounting cycles are adhered to internal control policies and procedures
- Data Entry, filing, and other general administrative duties as required
- Processing month end reports and assisting Controller with period close activities
- Follow up on collections as necessary
- Assist with the preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end working papers
- Prepare monthly analysis to support periodical management statements, analysis and disclosure
- Special projects and other duties as required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Check
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the Subject line: “JR Accountant – Last Name, First Name”.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please inform us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.