GRAPHICS DESIGNER, MARKETING SPECIALIST | TORONTO, ON
Who we are
Canadian Dental Services (CDS) is a national dental services organization that acquires, supports, improves, consolidates, and partners with industry leading dentists across Canada through carefully engineered management support systems and programs to improve practice performance and provide best in class, high quality patient care. Our goal is to enable dentists to spend their valuable time being dentists.
Our carefully selected dental offices are leaders in clinical excellence, and in providing patients with the best treatment plan options, along with the people, technology and facilities to support them.
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Study design briefs, determine requirements, and develop marketing collateral including print, advertising, web graphics and vector logo design for corporate and clinics by hand or using design software.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements and prepare rough drafts and present ideas including the use of 3D modeling software to design advertising and branded product mock ups.
- Use the appropriate colors (RGB/CMYK/Pantone) and layouts for each respective project.
- Test graphics across various media and amend designs after feedback.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are on-brand.
- Proficient digital photographer and videographer with ability to operate a DSLR and an understanding of lighting, sound, camera equipment to capture images and video for commercial, corporate and advertising usage
- Post-process RAW images until you achieve desired results including, but not limited to, colour-correction, exposure adjustment
- Improve image quality using various editing methods
- Maintain an in depth understanding of photographic best practices, procedures and modern technical equipment (cameras, lenses, lights, etc.)
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design
- High proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dimension).
- Minimum of three years design experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in creating custom designs for print/production.
- Previous experience working with a Start-up or a high growth company preferred.
- Must have solid ability in multitasking, prioritizing, working under pressure and supporting multiple users.
- Well-established design and conceptual skills
- Understanding of print production design in Canada.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Knowledge of video production will be considered and asset.
- Thorough knowledge of computer imaging, photographic techniques, and color composition.
- Proficient image post-processing, photo editing, and proven ability to master images with Adobe Lightroom.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Check
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the Subject line: “Graphics Designer – Last Name, First Name”