DISTRICT MANAGER | ALBERTA
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
Canadian Dental Services is seeking a District Manager for our Alberta market. The ideal candidate will supports the ongoing operations of all aspects of CDS dental practice offices within that specific region. The District Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for a broad range of administrative, logistics, staff recruitment, and reporting duties. Works under the supervision of the Regional Operations Manager and works closely with dental practice staff and managers. This role entails being in clinics each day to help develop and enhance: systems, people skills, and the overall performance and culture of each of CDS’ practices within the region.
Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise dental practices in the region to drive revenue and grow profits, while maintaining high standards of patient care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practice inspections and checklists. Identify and report good news stories as well as areas of improvement to Regional Operations Manager.
- Ensure timely and accurate reports from the field and run reports to support Regional Operations Manager. Analyze reports, identify trends, and make recommendations.
- Conceive, develop, and lead projects that improve the impact, quality, or efficiency of our clinic operations.
- Handle all requests for and maintain an accurate inventory of clinic materials, office supplies, equipment, and literature.
- Help develop and implement all aspects of advanced recruitment strategy, including but not limited to establishing local relationships, participating in job fairs, and screening applicants.
- Work with the finance and operations team to ensure reconciliation and accuracy of practice data across multiple platforms.
- Conducts quarterly audits to ensure that Practices are meeting CDS standards of operation and patient services.
- Handle all logistical aspects of new practice acquisitions and integration of new clinics.
- Assist in planning and executing logistics of meetings and conferences.
- Manage travel and accommodation needs for offsite meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ideally 2 years’ of multi-location dental practice management experience.
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work well with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment in both a lead and support role.
- Ability to work independently within the context of a plan.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments and meet unpredictable deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Word, Excel; Power Point.
- Ability to learn dental billing methodologies and practice management software systems as needed.
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal Health and Safety Regulations.
- Must have a valid provincial license to drive to dental practices in region.
Satellite role, so frequently in the field to visit practices and sometimes work out of regional office (if applicable).
Forty hours per week. Some evenings and/or weekends possible depending on regional events, clinics’ hours of operation, and any emergencies that may arise in the Practices.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the Subject line: “DM Alberta – Last Name, First Name”
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please inform us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.