DIRECTOR, PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT | AB & SK
Canadian Dental Services Corporation – Toronto, ON
Position Locations: Based out of Alberta and Saskatchewan
If you have ever wondered what it would be like to lead positive people change, in a fast growth company, then this is your opportunity!
Who We Are
Canadian Dental Services (CDS) is a national dental services organization that acquires, supports, improves, consolidates, and partners with industry leading dentists across Canada through carefully engineered management support systems and programs to improve practice performance and provide best in class, high quality patient care. Our goal is to enable dentists to spend their valuable time being dentists.
Our carefully selected dental offices are leaders in clinical excellence, and in providing patients with the best treatment plan options, along with the people, technology and facilities to support them.
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
Canadian Dental Services Corporation (CDS) acquires, operates, improves and grows dental practices across Canada by:
- improving the quality of clinical care being provided to thousands of our patients,
- improving on the level of customer service we provide to our patients to make interacting with their dentist/dental practice a much more efficient and enjoyable experience, and;
- enhancing the workplace cultures in each of our clinics, with a major emphasis on people development, so that CDS can become the employer of choice for dental industry professionals across Canada.
Responsible for sourcing, developing and implementing strategic relationships for development and growth of new business. Analyzes business needs and determines new opportunities.
As the Director of Partnership Development, you will actively pursue dental clinic opportunities across Western Canada. Further, you will provide strategic advice and counsel on available opportunities and competitive intelligence.
You are great at:
- Actively managing a territory, identifying prospects and carefully cultivating them through the acquisition cycle. Source partnership opportunities via networking, brokers, company marketing efforts and referrals;
- Proven track record of delivering results by demonstrating the ability to take independent action;
- Understanding overall organizational metrics, what they mean, and present to leaders to enable decisions and drive change;
- Coordinate the gathering of information, due diligence, legal, and pre-closing activities with Transitions and Executive teams;
- Identify and present the business case to CDS Leadership, outline and negotiate contracts, and manage partner relationships, making sure that all partnership opportunities are in line with company’s culture and philosophies;
- Continue relationships with owners after close to cultivate referrals and to develop CDS team attitude;
- Working financial knowledge and ability to break down financial statements.
What it takes:
- 5+ Years of Dental industry experience, with deep relationships within the dental community,
- Established relationships with industry stakeholders,
- Customer focused with proven relationship building strengths and solid experience developing account and territory plans and business goals,
- Strong business acumen, evidencing the use and knowledge of financial reporting and dental clinic key performance indicators,
- Strong analytic capability to identify and diagnose pressing business challenges, uncover insights to enhance decision making and can align organizational strategy to business development strategy,
- Strong stakeholder credibility and network. To be influential in optimizing stakeholder collaboration. To have an ability to present powerful presentations that drive stakeholders to action and be thoughtful in overcoming objections and secure stakeholder agreement,
- Strong ability to effectively perform in a high change, fast paced environment,
- University degree, preferably in business, or equivalent combination of education/experience,
- Having the flexibility for travel is a requirement of this opportunity in order to visit prospective clinics and meet with people in the field, including the corporate field operations team, as well as office managers and other clinic staff as needed,
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to strategically influence and persuade senior leaders through relationships,
- Strong problem solving, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Highly Competitive Compensation Package (Base Salary/Variable/Benefits)
- Extensive Travel Required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Check
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
- Location: Alberta/Saskatchewan
Please send your resume and cover letter with the following in the subject line: Director, Partnership Development – Your Last name, Your First name, to: email@example.com