DENTAL ASSISTANT | AB/SK
Canadian Dental Services (CDS) is hiring Dental Assistants in Saskatchewan and Alberta! CDS is a local dental services organization that acquires, supports, improves, consolidates, and partners with industry leading dentists across Saskatchewan through carefully engineered management support systems and programs to improve practice performance and provide best in class, high quality patient care. Our carefully selected dental offices are leaders in clinical excellence, and in providing patients with the best treatment plan options, along with the people, technology and facilities to support them.
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
The Dental Assistant performs clinical and administrative duties to ensure the dental office runs efficiently and smoothly. Works under the instruction of dentists and follows patient management processes and protocols provided in the clinic, while upholding the highest standard of patient care and service.
• Establish and facilitate long-term patient relationships, ensuring retention and loyalty by being empathetic and providing clinical excellence in the support of the delivery of dental care.
• Prepare dental operatory for clinical procedures and apply topical anesthetics and sealants as directed by dentist.
• Be aware of instructions for and be able to mix and prepare a variety of materials, such as cements, medicaments, bonding agents, and fillings.
• Conduct post-operative and post-treatment procedures, as instructed by the dentist.
• Use client-centered approach, always acting or advocating in the client’s best interest; educate patients on oral hygiene instructions, including brushing and flossing techniques.
• Communicate effectively with patients and work collaboratively with all staff.
• Adhere to current jurisdictional legislation, regulations, codes of ethics, practice standards, guidelines, and policies relevant to the profession and practice setting.
• Ideally, 2 years of experience.
• Must be licensed, or have the qualifications to be licensed, by the provincial governing body in the jurisdiction of the dental clinic.
• Patient services orientation with a desire to create a comfortable and caring environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: “DENTAL ASSISTANT – Last Name, First Name”
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please inform us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.