PT RECEPTIONIST | SASKATOON, SK
Canadian Dental Services (CDS) is a local dental services organization that acquires, supports, improves, consolidates, and partners with industry leading dentists across Saskatchewan through carefully engineered management support systems and programs to improve practice performance and provide best in class, high quality patient care. Our carefully selected dental offices are leaders in clinical excellence, and in providing patients with the best treatment plan options, along with the people, technology and facilities to support them.
CDS offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and fast growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits. Our employees are passionate stewards of our company, leading the way to improving the delivery of dental services across Canada.
The Receptionist is responsible for administering the day-to-day activities of the dental office, including: maintaining patient records, scheduling patients, accounts receivable, and maintaining the appearance and order of the dental office.
- Manage day-to-day operations of dental office, adhering to all opening and closing protocols of the clinic.
- Maintain a professional reception area organizing patient education materials, etc.
- Review office for a neat, professional appearance and make necessary changes.
- Check the daily schedule for accuracy and post it in all treatment rooms.
- Answer and respond to telephone calls with professionalism.
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice.
- Check in patients according to office protocol; verify and update patient information.
- Oversee patient relations & handle patient complaints under the indirect supervision of dentist.
- Confirm the next day’s appointments according to protocol and patient preferences.
- Schedule patients for efficient use of doctor and staff time; maintain appointment calendar.
- Check patient quick-fill list to try to fill in cancellation and no-show appointment times.
- Make follow-up appointments as needed following patient visit or due to cancellations etc.
- Prepare financial treatment plans and present plan options to patient at end of their appointment.
- Perform other duties as necessary to help the Office Manager with overall operations of the clinic.
- 2 years of previous experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, College Diploma, Certificate, or Associate’s Degree.
- Good interpersonal and verbal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, dentists, other staff members and community; Team player.
- Customer service or patient relations experience; conflict resolution experience.
- Able to adapt to office policy improvements (office is constantly striving for improved customer care/service).
- Detail-oriented, organized, quick response/accurate data entry to present treatment plans to patients in a short time frame.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and composure when adverse conditions occur.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the Subject line: “PT Reception – Last Name, First Name”
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please inform us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.